Healthy Steps for Older Adults with COSA
This program is a fall prevention program developed by the PA Department of Aging for those 60 and older, and is offered in two 2 ½ hour sessions. The 2nd session will be on December 6 from 1 pm to 3:30 pm.
It involves information, interactive activities and practice of some easy stretching and strengthening exercises as well as a very simple fall assessment.
Participants will need to come into the library for a 15 minute assessment on Tuesday, November 22nd. Time slots will be assigned.
Program Goal: The goal of the Healthy Steps for Older Adults program is to prevent falls, promote health and ensure that older adults can remain as independent as possible for as long as possible. Healthy Steps for Older Adults provides a participant guide based on research and best practices in health communication, health literacy, and adult learning.
Healthy Steps for Older Adults is designed to:
- Be fun, sociable, and validating.
- Raise awareness of the causes of falls.
- Learn how falls can be prevented.
- Provide opportunities and ideas for physical activities.
- Identify and problem-solve barriers to change.
- Provide home activities that reinforce what is learned.
- Include frequent breaks and activity changes
- Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Meeting Room
- Ridley Township Public Library & Resource Center